How to use eMMC & uSD as boot devices on i.MX6UL custom board, boot selectable without removing other

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use eMMC & uSD as boot devices on i.MX6UL custom board, boot selectable without removing other

Jump to solution
punitkumar
Contributor IV

Hi

I'm using my self made custom i.MX6UL board with 4GB eMMC chip mounted and tested successfully. Now I wish to make another board with added uSD card and an option to select any one of the two storage for booting the board.

Please help me over the same, how can i do this?

Also the selection can be based on some jumper settings, like disabling one device to use another for boot as both eMMC & uSD card are to be connected to the same ports (i found it from the EVK schematic, if there is any other possibility, please tell me as there is one more SDcard interface available).

igorpadykov‌?,YuriMuhin_ng‌?

--

Punit Kumar

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
punitkumar
Contributor IV

Thanks igorpadykov YuriMuhin_ng

I found a method to use both uSD & eMMC at once by connecting eMMC to SDHC2 interface and uSD Card to SDHC1 interface.

fusebit BOOT_CFG2[3] is used to switch between uSDHC1 & uSDHC2 card as boot device.

--

Punit Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
punitkumar
Contributor IV

Thanks igorpadykov YuriMuhin_ng

I found a method to use both uSD & eMMC at once by connecting eMMC to SDHC2 interface and uSD Card to SDHC1 interface.

fusebit BOOT_CFG2[3] is used to switch between uSDHC1 & uSDHC2 card as boot device.

--

Punit Kumar

0 Kudos
chayishuang
Contributor I

I'm using i.MX6UltraLite EVK board. MicroSD (USDHC-2) on the Main board, one standard SD (USDHC-1) on the Base board, MicroSD (USDHC-2) is my boot device. Now I wish to use both MicroSD and standard SD,but standard SD donnot

work.It would report this error: mmc0: error -84 whilst initialising SD card.how can i do this,standard SD works successfully.Thanks

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You should provide multiple boot option as part of own bootloader, located

on both devices. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Punit

SD interface was not designed for connecting with multiple devices, so

seems some kind of switch (like jumpers) would be option.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos