Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program u-boot in eMMC without kobs-ng on iMX

Jump to solution
marcocavallini
Contributor V

Hello,

I'd like to know if exists a method to store in eMMC a bootolader without kobs-ng, so without using linux, but simply running a command from u-boot.

I booted my i.MX28 system (I have the same question for i.MX6 as well) using the u-boot.sb (u-boot-2015.01 with SPL) file loaded with mxsldr (or imx-bootlets).

Now I am trying to save it in eMMC with the following command

• loady    (load u-boot.sb with ymodem)
  • mmc write ${loadaddr} 0 ${filesize}

but at reboot nothing happens.

TIA

--

Marco

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marcocavallini
Contributor V

Hi

we successfully programmed .sb in the eMMC/iNAND of our custom i-MX28 using MfgTools and we used u-boot-2015 + SPL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The .sb files are intented to be used for the imx23 and imx28 devices. The file contains the boo_prep and power_prep needed to configure the DDR and power management.

In the imx6 the .sb are not needed. If you want to store u-boot in eMMC you just need the u-boot binary file with the IVT header and the correct offset so the BootROM can fetch the image.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
marcocavallini
Contributor V

Hi

we successfully programmed .sb in the eMMC/iNAND of our custom i-MX28 using MfgTools and we used u-boot-2015 + SPL.

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also, I believe a very good choice to have a working system for the imx28 and imx6 is to use Yocto.

Please refer to this awesome training Yocto Training - HOME

And the documentation loaded from our BSPs. https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.10.53_1.1.0_iMX6QDLS_Bundle&appType=license&loc...

I hope that helps,

Alejandro