How to open vpu in chromium to speed up video decoding

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open vpu in chromium to speed up video decoding

Tracy
Contributor II

I am using i.MX Linux Yocto Project BSP 5.10.52_2.1.0 Release to build the imx8m mini system environment,My Settings are as follows:
MACHINE ??= 'imx8mmevkdesktop'
DISTRO ?= 'imx-desktop-xwayland'

I have added chromium-ozone-wayland_91.0.4472.114.bb into my system,I turned on the "proprietary-codecs" and the "use-vaapi" option, then added "libva-initial" to the "DEPENDS +=" of the chromium-gn.inc file.
At present, chromium has been successfully compiled, and after entering the system, you can also successfully open and browse the web page. But when I use chromium to watch videos, there is a problem: chromium cannot play videos smoothly, and the video is very stuck. I would like to ask how I can make chromium support the function of hardware acceleration decoding, so that the video can play smoothly.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Tracy
Contributor II

Can this approach be implemented on the 5.10.52 yocto project?

0 Kudos

Tracy
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply, but I still have a problem here. I cannot find i.MX8 5.10.72_2.2.2 yocto release, I can only see i.MX8 5.10.72_2.2.0 yocto desktop, can you provide a download link

0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

Tracy
Contributor II

Hi,@Zhiming_Liu

I think I found the problem,The problem is that the "5.10.72-merge.patch" patch is not correctly inserted into the chromium source code,I just put it in the path of "yocoto-2.2.2/sources/meta-browser/meta-chromium/recipes-browser/chromium/files". I would like to know in which file I should refer to this patch file.

0 Kudos

Tracy
Contributor II

Hello,@Zhiming_Liu 

Thanks for the link,I have lowered the project and made modifications according to the instructions,

When I modified it according to chromium-ozone-wayland_91.0.4472.114.bb.diff, the compiler reported an error

The error message such as "error log" is reported. What is the cause of this
0 Kudos