How to flash bootloader,kernel and root-fs separately on emmc for imx8m-mini dev board (imx8mmevk)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash bootloader,kernel and root-fs separately on emmc for imx8m-mini dev board (imx8mmevk)?

vivek338
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have successfully booted imx8m-mini dev board using sd-card by putting bootloader, kernel and rootfs separately. Now I want to do same using emmc memory on dev-board. Also I have booted imx8m-mini using emmc on board by the wic file generated by yocto. But this time I want to put all things(bootloader,kernel,dts and rootfs) separately one by one on emmc.

Please help on this!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vivek338!
Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

We only have the steps for SD cards.

Normally the EMMC is difficult to connect to a Linux Host and then solder the MMC to the board.

You can try the same steps for SD from the board booted by the SD card may work but we haven't tested that before.

Sorry for the mistake!

Best Regards!
Chavira

0 Kudos

vivek338
Contributor IV

Hi @Chavira ,

Thanks for replying !

Not able to understand below statement:-

"Normally the EMMC is difficult to connect to a Linux Host and then solder the MMC to the board."

Soldering is not required because I have imx8m-mini development board. Also I have tested with SD card, working fine. Just want to know steps for EMMC on dev board.

0 Kudos

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vivek338!

I am referring to a special tool to connect the MMC to a host to flash files separately like the attached picture.

The unique way to flash the MMC to the dev board is using the uuu tool.

Chavira_0-1706882244722.png

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos

vivek338
Contributor IV

Hi @Chavira ,

Thanks for replying!

I have on board emmc attched. Also I can boot using emmc as well load whole os using uuu. I only want to apply falcon mode in emmc.

vivek338_0-1707112423458.png

Please help!

0 Kudos