How to enable on-board HDMI Tx on MCIMX8QM i.MX 8QuadMax MEK with Android Automotive 12.0.0_2.1.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable on-board HDMI Tx on MCIMX8QM i.MX 8QuadMax MEK with Android Automotive 12.0.0_2.1.0

Jump to solution
Motomags
Contributor I

Hello,

What are the correct commands and procedure to enable the board's physical HDMI output using NXP's Android Automotive OS 12 prebuilt demo images using the i.MX 8QuadMax MEK?  I would prefer not using the bulkier, LVDS to HDMI dongle during development. 

In a previous, older v10 solution, I read to append these commands to uuu tool:

To test physical HDMI display, execute the tool with -u hdmi -d hdmi. HDMI_TX port is used for display

Another similar looking post says: 

one can try vbmeta-imx8qm-hdmi.img image (image for i.MX 8QuadMax MEK board to support
physical HDMI display).

However in the "Rev. automotive-12.0.0_2.1.0 —1 September 2022 Android_Auto_User's_Guide.pdf" there is no file named "vbmeta-imx8qm-hdmi.img" listed...  Section 8.3.3 states: To evaluate the multiple-display feature with physical HDMI on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK,
flash dtbo-imx8qm-md.img.  
Is flashing the *-md.img files all that's needed?  If so, what uuu command is suggested?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To test multiple displays on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK with images in automotive-12.0.0_2.1.0_image_8qmek_car2.tar.gz, execute the tool with -u md -d md

so pls try to use "-u md and -d md" to test

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To test multiple displays on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK with images in automotive-12.0.0_2.1.0_image_8qmek_car2.tar.gz, execute the tool with -u md -d md

so pls try to use "-u md and -d md" to test

0 Kudos