cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect 4 MIPI-CSI cameras to I.MX 8M Plus Processor

RBTech
Contributor I

Hi, 

I have 4 1080p30fps MIPI CSI video streams and I would like to connect it to i.MX 8M plus processor. I think i.MX 8M Plus does not support virtual channel. I can only use i.MX 8M Processor as it is only one can do H.265 encoding. So

1. How can I connect 4 MIPI CSI cameras to iMX 8M Plus processor? What are pros and cons of all possible solutions
  2. And are there any other iMX Processors in same price range, which are suited for connecting 4 MIPI-CSI cameras and can do H.265 encoding and streaming to cloud

Thanks in advace for help and appricate time in answering. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies

RBTech
Contributor I

I have 4 AHD cameras 1080p30, cant use IP Cameras, So I'm planning to use a conveter/decoder which can convert AHD video stream to IP and then feed it to i.mx 8m Plus? Do you have any solution to convter AHD to IP ?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what do you mean IP? do you mean convert AHD camera to IP camera? if yes we don't have such solution

0 Kudos

RBTech
Contributor I

Yes, is there a way to convert AHD stream to ip stream using e.g a converter/decoder IC if avaialble?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

sorry, I don't have this solution or chip to recommend

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, i.mx8mp doesn't have virtual channel, so couldn't support surround view application, in fact, imx8qm or imx8qxp is more suitable, but they are more expensive than imx8mp

0 Kudos

RBTech
Contributor I

Hi, Thanks for reply. I cant use imx8qm or imx8qxp as they are very expensive for my system and they cant do H.265 encoding in their VPUs.

So, regarding i.MX 8M Plus processor, how can I connect 4 MIPI CSI cameras without virtual channel support? is there any software way possible to implement? 

Can i.MX 8M plus processor do H.265 encoding for 4 Video streams in real time. Its VPU is capable of doing H.265 encoding but I'm concerned about encoding 4 video streams 1080p30? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

couldn't support 4x1080p@30fps, and imx8mp mipi csi only can support dual camera, the another option is that connect IP camera and usb camera,

0 Kudos