How to build MFG Firmware for i.MX6Q

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build MFG Firmware for i.MX6Q

jasonhsu
Contributor III

in the <<Manufacturing Tool V2 linux or Android Firmware Development Guide V2.doc>>, it says"

1. 1. Add Mfgtool configuration header file in : ${u_boot_root}\include\configs

The file name should align with existing configuration file name.  Ex. mx6q_sabresd.h is used to generate normal U-Boot and mx6q_sabresd_mfg.h is used to generate the U-Boot for MFGTool firmware.

I know how to build normal uboot, but can someone tell me how to build firmware for MFGTOOL, it seems there is none document to show how. I was confused for two days, looking forward to your help.^_^

Labels (3)
7 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jianhua,

Which board are you using? Do you want to build linux or android MFGTool firmware?

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

jasonhsu
Contributor III

Hi  Dan,

We design our customer board using SabreAuto board for reference and want to build Android firmware. we use android 4.3 and use eMMC as boot device.

But it seems that there is none document to show hwo to build in android OS. could you help to me ^_^. i'm confused for 1 more week. -_-.

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jianhua

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jianhua

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

rickchu
Contributor IV

To create your own u-boot.bin for Mfgtools, can reference with attached document.

jasonhsu
Contributor III

Rick, thx a lot for your pdf file. but the information is based on SabreSD board. But i designed my customer board based on SabreAuto board, use eMMC as boot devices. I traced the code, there are different.

The following is my step to build uboot:

1) make mx6q_sabreauto_mfg_config

2) make

build uImage is as below:

1) make imx6_updater_defconfig

2) make uImage.

Howerver, there is not any log output from Uart4, the mfg tool stop on "jumping to OS image".

If I use u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin as mfg tool firmware, it can run more step, and UART1 can output many u-boot log.

I don't know why, do you have any idea?

0 Kudos

rickchu
Contributor IV

Hi Jianhua,

If you change debug port from UART1 to another one, you have to change it in u-boot.

If your DRAM is different (dram size and manufacturer) with freescale EVB, you have to modify DRAM parameters too.

Its hard to say what should modify in u-boot source code for your customization board; but as mention above, you need to confirm debug port and DRAM first.

- you can change different debug port assign in mx6q_sabreauto.h

- you can modify DRAM parameters in flash_header.S (reference with i.MX6 DDR Stress Test Tool V1.0.2)

hope it can help you.

Rick