How do i disable Enforcing mode of selinux in android M?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i disable Enforcing mode of selinux in android M?

sandeepmantrala
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working on IMX6SX sabre sd board. I got the prebuilt images and flashed them using MFGtool.

I am using the demo images from following location :  android_M6.0.1_2.0.0_image_6sxsabresd

Q1 :

I would like to know how can I disable selinux from command line?

"setenfore 0 " is not working.

Is there no  easy way to  disable selinux other than recompiling the kernel?

Q2:

In the android FAQ document, The Key mapping for IMX6SX tells that ON/OFF key acts as power button.  But when i press it, the syustem is reset same as RST key. Could you please clarify on this?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Labels (1)
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Note that you need to press ON/OFF button 5 seconds to power off.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

danwei_luo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sandeep,

For your first question, you can set the variable androidboot.selinux=disabled in the u-boot console to disable selinux. For more detailed information, you can refer to Android_User's_Guide.pdf, chapter 6.3.2.

For your second question, I'm sorry that I don't have an IMX6SX board right now. I can confirm it later once I have the board.

Best regards,

Danwei Luo

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!