How do I complete the I.MX RT1176 dual-core self-start in NAND flash?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I complete the I.MX RT1176 dual-core self-start in NAND flash?

liuhailong
Contributor III

hello thanks @jingpan I think you are very familiar with this direction, so I look forward to hearing from you. 

How to move CM4 core project to SDRAM in RT1176 - NXP Community

I saw this post from you, just in time I'm working on the project and SDRAM. Let me describe to you the requirements of the project I'm working on: IMX first.RT1175/6 (nand flash) bootrom (nand flash) bootrom (nand flash) CM7 core program (image) copy to SDRAM running, cm7 image contains cm4 core image (cm7 boot cm4 core boot my own implementation), cm4 program need to copy to SRAM to execute, first there are several problems.My own project procedures are reflected in the attachment
1.How to configure the configuration in the MCU Setting of cm4 program, I should copy the image of cm4 to the (ITCM DTCM  OCRAM) DTCM  OCRAM which one? 
2.How should I configure the configuration in the MCU Setting of the cm7 program?How SDRAM and other spaces should be configured

liuhailong_0-1701261895151.png

3.since SDRAM is used, SDRAM needs to be initialized. You mentioned in the article that configuration is via dcd. Could you introduce the specific configuration methods and procedures?RT1170_connect_M7_wake_M4_SDRAM_init.7z.

This document is only the result of initializing SDRAM, not how to initialize SDRAM

liuhailong_2-1701261894840.png

4.I just used MCU Bootability to load the dcd.bin file did sdram initialization, but also did I use the development board corresponding to NAND flash basic configuration, but the last phenomenon did not implement, how to complete the self-start on NAND through this software?

liuhailong_3-1701262782297.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @liuhailong ,

1.How to configure the configuration in the MCU Setting of cm4 program, I should copy the image of cm4 to the (ITCM DTCM  OCRAM) DTCM  OCRAM which one? 

You can only use OCRAM. You can't access M7 ITCM and DTCM.

2.How should I configure the configuration in the MCU Setting of the cm7 program?How SDRAM and other spaces should be configured

Similar to my example. SDRAM is configured by DCD file.

3.since SDRAM is used, SDRAM needs to be initialized. You mentioned in the article that configuration is via dcd. Could you introduce the specific configuration methods and procedures?

First you should know what DCD is. Please read 10.7.2 in reference manual. DCD file is not compiled into image. It is append at image head. So, you can append in project, like board/dcd.c, or append by tools like MCUBootUtility.

4. I just used MCU Bootability to load the dcd.bin file did sdram initialization, but also did I use the development board corresponding to NAND flash basic configuration, but the last phenomenon did not implement, how to complete the self-start on NAND through this software?

Please read this article. https://www.cnblogs.com/henjay724/p/17589695.html

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos