Has anyone had success running two Xorg sessions (HDMI LVDS)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had success running two Xorg sessions (HDMI LVDS)?

billgerba
Contributor I

I'm wondering if anybody has been able to successfully get two Xorg sessions running stably using Yocto. I'm currently using kernel 3.10.17 and Vivante driver 5.0.11, but have been totally unable to get vivante-fb to cooperate when a second session is launched (which, to date has always been with the generic fbdev driver). Dual fbdev sessions do run, but I get strange anomalies where launching a new window to, for example :1 or :2 launches the process, but the window doesn't ever actually appear on screen (either screen).

I see that there is a new 3.10.53 kernel, and am wondering if anybody has had any luck with it so far, or if perhaps there is a new Vivante driver targeted at this kernel version?

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bill,

We have a similar solution for your application, let me give it to you, hope it can help ! The following is from i.MX Expert team :

----------------------------

The segmentation fault occurs becasue Vivante FB driver uses same global symbols with Generic FB driver. Please refer to the attached "fbdev.patch" for "xf86-video-fbdev".

Then MATCHBOX seems not to provide the feature of multiple screen, since there is no "_NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS". You can check by "xprop -root". The customer needs another window manager supporting this feature, for example "XFCE".

-----------------------------

Regards,

Weidong

billgerba
Contributor I

Thanks, this is extremely helpful -- and explains why the combination of vivante + fbdev doesn't work!

Thankfully, Vivante has (mostly) resolved the issue with their newest drivers that work with kernel 3.10.53, but we will be patching fbdev anyway to continue our testing.

0 Kudos