Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTK+, ltib, mx6dl

Jump to solution
aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

Hello,

Where can I get information about compiling GTK+-2.0 in ltib ? using if possible the mx6 vivante gpu ...

What are the packages to select  to get gtk-demo working on my mx6dl sabre sdp ?!

Thank you ...

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi There,

to build gtk2 for ltib is pretty simple, you just need to select it in the package list. Gtk2 by default will use the fbdev which is already accelerated, if you install the x11 then gtk2 will use it, in this case, with no acceleration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi There,

to build gtk2 for ltib is pretty simple, you just need to select it in the package list. Gtk2 by default will use the fbdev which is already accelerated, if you install the x11 then gtk2 will use it, in this case, with no acceleration.

0 Kudos
aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

Hi,

Ok it compiles, but what are the dependancy ?!

Is there a way to make it work with wayland without X ... and be sure to get the hardware acceleration ?!

I succefully compiled the GTK 3.8.4 with LTIB and its dependancy...

But like it does with the original GTK version of ltib, when I run gtk-demo I get :

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Thank you

0 Kudos
Raybiztech
Contributor V

Hi,

To run gtk-demo application on your imx6 board. Its mandatory to select both X11 and GTK packages from the package list of LTIB. After successful compilation and building, copy your rootfs to your sd card. After booting up your device, before running " gtk-demo " App you need to start Xserver on IMX6 board.

To start xserver on your board follow the steps as mentioned below :

$ export DISPLAY=:0

$ startx

where " startx " starts your xserver. Once xserver had been started, you can run " gtk-demo " application.

I may not assure gtk-demo app works with " wayland " but you can cross compile " wayland " package explicitly using LTIB, And you need to fix dependency packages for building wayland. some dependencies like libffi, EGL need to be build.

To build wayland package using LTIB follow the following steps :

• Download the wayland package from the link as mentioned below:

http://wayland.freedesktop.org/releases.html

• copy the downloaded package to your LPP (/opt/freescale/pkgs/)
  • create a folder dist folder of your LTIB path (ex : mkdir ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/wayland), on the name of package downloaded.
  • create a spec file in the wayland directory, created in ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/wayland folder, or you can copy template.spec from ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/template folder to your wayland directory and  rename spec file with wayland.spec and modify the spec file according to your requirements and save it
  • Open your teminal and cd to your ltib path and follow the steps to build your new package

# ./ltib -m prep -p wayland.spec

# ./ltib -m scbuild -p wayland.spec

# ./ltib -m scinstall -p wayland.spec

# ./ltib -m scdeploy -p wayland.spec

• copy Rootfs to your SD card and you can test with gtk-demo application using wayland instead of xserver.

Thanks & Regards,

Sasidhar.

0 Kudos