cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale Autoboot

kyke
Contributor I

Hi,

I am developing an embedded solution based on Android 4.3 on i.MX6. I'm using a Udoo DualLite. I modified a patch from this forum (posted by Yibin Gong) to implement a GPIO power key button for Android on Udoo, but I'm having problems with powering down the system from the standard Android dialog.

I can suspend and resume, and I've modified my touchscreen driver to appropriately manage the display and backlight. However, when I try to shutdown the system using this power button, the system crashes before halting completely. The attached LVDS touchscreen is frozen, and I get the following error from the serial console:

SysRq : Emergency Remount R/O
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p4): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p6): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
Emergency Remount complete
imx2-wdt imx2-wdt.0: Device shutdown: Expect reboot!
System halted.

Unsurprisingly, the board restarts several minutes later. Is this issue related with the low level firmware of the i.MX6? When I power the board without an SD card, and then insert an SD card, it boots automatically without any button press. Could it be possible that the board cannot halt the system while connected to power? Do people who use sabre or other boards based on IMX6 have the same problem?

Thank you for your time,

Enrique.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies