External Memory Device Selection for i.MX535

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Memory Device Selection for i.MX535

SrideviK
Contributor III

We are developing a design based on i.MX535 processor (P/N MCIMX535DVV1C).

1. DRAM requirement - 512MB
We are planning to use LPDDR2 SDRAM,512MB(128Mx32) devices as given below:
(K4P4G324EC-AGC1 from SAMSUNG /
H9TKNNN4GDMPLR-NDM from HYNIX)

2. Flash requirement - 4GB
We are planning to use eMMC4.4.1 version Flash,4GB,153Pin devices as given below:
(KLM4G1FE3B-B001003 from SAMSUNG/
H26M31001FPR from HYNIX/
MTFC4GMTEA-1F WT from MICRON)

Pls advice whether the chosen parts are compatible for interface with i.MX535.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

seganictech
Contributor I

Nothing to say,Only Thanks!

0 Kudos

SrideviK
Contributor III

Mark, thanks a lot for the info.

0 Kudos

TheAdmiral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For eMMC, check out the i.MX53 SABRE Tablet schematics at:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX53SABRETAB&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Too...

For LPDDR2, the i.MX50EVK was designed with LPDDR2. The i.MX508 chip is a member of the i.MX53 family, although it does not have the same footprint and is designed specifically for e-readers. This is the only publically avaiable design with the LPDDR2, but it is available only on the Freescale Customer Extranet site. If you would like access to this site, contact a local Freescale FAE. In reality, all DRAM is pretty easy to hook up. It is the physical layout that usually causes problems. Having said that, LPDDR2 on i.MX 6 is a little tricky because several pin functions were swizzled (swapped). But this does not apply to the i.MX53 processor.

Sridevi Kandaswamy said:

Thanks Mark for the clarification.

Is there any i.MX535 reference design with LPDDR2 & eMMC?

0 Kudos

SrideviK
Contributor III

Thanks Mark for the clarification.

Is there any i.MX535 reference design with LPDDR2 & eMMC?

0 Kudos

TheAdmiral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale has used Hynix H5PS2G83AFR and Elpida EDB4032B1PB-8D-F LPDDR2 on i.MX53 family validation boards. But there is no reason why the above LPDD2 memory would not work. The Hynix H5P is a POP package. Your biggest choice will be to decide what footprint to use. The Samsung part you listed is also a POP package. Since footprints are controlled by the standards and it looks like you want to go with a POP package, I think you would be safe with either SAMSUNG/HYNIX. You can always easily substitute another if you run into problems. (But I don't think you will.)

The eMMC Flash that Freescale used on i.MX53 family validation boards is SanDisk SDIN5C2-8G. Again, the footprints are standard controlled and the above SAMSUNG/HYNIX/MICRON eMMC managed flash should work fine with the i.MX535 processor. eMMC is just an embedded MMC card.

0 Kudos