cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-ink display imx6SoloLite

kavyamd
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on E-ink display IMXEBOOKDC3-E.

I need to customize this display for refresh management.

Control:

1.In general, e-Ink display needs to clear  the display screen  once to black or white and then rewriting. In other words, before rewriting the display screen  should be black or white.How to add this functionality.

2. To set the number of consecutive of rewriting without refresh as a limitation. The framework should counts the number of consecutive of rewriting without refresh and if it is reached to the limitation number, the next rewriting should be with refresh.

Can anybody guide me to implement these functionalities.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello kavya md,

The screen clear instruction should be available as part of the EPDC driver that’s available as part of the BSP. I would recommend starting from there as the whole operation of the EPD from scratch is a bit more complex than that of a LCD, in my opinion.

There is some information on the EPDC driver on the i.MX6 Linux Reference Manual, available as part of the BSP documentation.

I would also recommend reviewing the source code from the EPDC Framebuffer Unit Test since the inner workings of the tests may also help. Look for the mxc_epdc_fb_test.c file.

I hope this information helps!

0 Kudos