cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does nxp-real-time-edge-baremetal support imx8mm-ddr4-evk

anymore
Contributor I

Hi, 

We want to run baremetal framework by Real-time Edge software on imx8mm-ddr4-evk, but i read the document https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/RTEDGEYOCTOUG_REV2.2.pdf ,

the document  lists all buildable platforms (in the chapter 5.1 Build configurations), but it doesn't include imx8mm-ddr4-evk. If I build imx8mm-lpddr4-evk version, the board will fail to boot while initializing the DDR.

So i  use the standalone method. First i build the master u-boot (Real-Time-Edge-v2.2-uboot-202203 with imx8mm_evk_baremetal_defconfig, which change lpddr4 config to ddr4), and then build the baremetal u-boot (Real-Time-Edge-v2.2-baremetal-202203 with imx8mm_evk_bm_defconfig)

After starting U-Boot on the master, download the the baremetal image and try to boot others core up:

u-boot ==> tftp 0x50200000 u-boot.bin

u-boot ==> dcache flush;cpu 1 release 50200000;sleep 6;cpu 2 release 50200000;sleep 2;cpu 3 release 50200000;

But the UART1 port displays nothing, and the GPIO5_IO5 which should be pulled up by baremetal core still outputs low.

The board we running is 8MMINI-BB with 8MMINID4-CPU

Here are my questions:

1. Does nxp-real-time-edge-baremetal support imx8mm-ddr4-evk?

2. If it does, how to configure the u-boot (the master one or the baremetal one), or which files should i modify?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Jm

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The Real-Time Edge is supported on i.MX8M Mini,Real-Time Edge Release is based on NXP Linux BSP which starts from LTS kernels published on kernel.org. It also adds baremetal and industrial protocols support.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Real-time Edge supports the below NXP hardware platforms.

• imx6ull14x14evk

• imx8mm-lpddr4-evk

• imx8mp-lpddr4-evk

0 Kudos