cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable data lines in suspend mode

HelbertPaulino
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to compile a Yocto image that must disable data lines for PCIe, USB1, USB2, LVDS, and ETH1 (RGMII) when entering suspend mode and restoring the original state after waking up. Basically, for other devices, I'm changing the pinctrl to use another configuration of pin to decrease the power consumption, but these peripherals I'm not finding a way to disable them.

My findings suggest creating a driver to write some registers when entering suspend mode, but I don't know if it'll solve the problem. I tried to find in the bindings some configurations in the device tree but with not much success (only some possibilities to interact with regulators, but nothing so much different from implementing a driver).

Please, can someone give me tips or a direction about a good way to disable these peripherals? I'm a beginner doing this.

Thanks very much for the support.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @HelbertPaulino,

I hope you are doing well.

"disable these peripherals?"
->Please refer to the below link, It has detailed information regarding how to disable any peripheral on the system using the device tree status property.
https://www.variscite.com/blog/disabling-unused-drivers-and-peripherals-in-linux/

It will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos

HelbertPaulino
Contributor I

Hello @Sanket_Parekh,

Thanks very much for replying to me. My case is a bit different from the case covered in the link, because, basically, I need to use these devices in my system, thus I can't disable them in the Device Tree.

For some peripherals, I'll be using another pinctrl to control the IOMUX pins, put as output low, however, for the mentioned devices I'm not finding a way to change the data lines in suspend mode.

Am I able to set the status for "disable" in the user space before entering in suspend mode?

Thanks very much for helping me.

Regards

0 Kudos

Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @HelbertPaulino,

I hope you are doing well.

Please refer to the drivers that are mentioned in the below link.
https://github.com/nxp-imx/linux-imx?search=1

The suspend and resume function is already provided in the Linux bsp 6.1 version.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos