cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious issue at VBUS-Power Pin "USB_OTG2_VBUS"

wowa
Contributor I

Dear Community,

i have noted a curious issue if i measure the VBUS Power Pin "USB_OTG2_VBUS" . For a better overview please let me introduce the schematic constellation:

"USB_OTG1_VBUS" is connected to the conventional 5V VBUS to a USB Port. "USB_OTG2_VBUS" is supplied with an internal switchable 5V due to a FET. 

If the device is switched on with plugged-in USB Port 1 and corresponding VBUS from PC, at "USB_OTG2_VBUS" Pin i can measure a coupled voltage level from the VBUS from Port 1. If Device is switched off and USB to PC is still connected i can still see the coupled voltage at "USB_OTG2_VBUS". This is an unwanted issue.

Why does it happens ? I thought  "USB_OTG2_VBUS" is only a conventional input power pin....

At moment i have solved the problem while i use a diode that no VBUS from Port 1 is coupling the inernal circuit.

Thanks beforehand for your efforts.

Best regards

Wolfgang Walter

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Walter,

In this case, you could refer to sections related to USB of the “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applications Processors” document at the following link:

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wowa
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your answer, but i cannot find something helpfull in the document regarding this issue. It is very curious that i can measure on Pin "USB_OTG2_VBUS" the VBUS from "USB_OTG1_VBUS". It is not exactly the 5 V, there is a little potential difference but i can tell that it is coming from the VBUS on "USB_OTG1_VBUS". Something is happening internal on the LDO for the USB Interface. But i do not know what.

Best regards

Wolfgang

0 Kudos