cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection of ONOFF pin when no backup supply provided in i.MX6D

dhvanish_parekh
Contributor I

Hi,

In my design, I am using i.MX6DualLite processor. In this we are not providing any type of backup supply (no coin cell added) to SNVS pin other than the main power source through PMIC.

I have read about the functionality of ONOFF pin and found that it will be more useful when main supply or PMIC is OFF and SNVS is backed with coin cell and need to power cycle the boards.

In my scenario, do I connect a switch directly with ONOFF without any external pull-up / power-on sequence circuit provided? (is it necessary to always provide a 750ms low pulse on ONOFF for proper power cycle?).

Kindly provide your input and help me with the connection required to be done for ONOFF pin.

Thanks,

Dhvanish Parekh

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhvanish

ONOFF is powered by VDD_SNVS_IN, so in your case (no permanent attached coin cell)

it is not functional. One can follow Table 2-8. Reset and ONOFF recommendations

i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide : "If not used, ONOFF should be a no connect."

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos