Configure rootfs using busybox on i.MX8M-mini EVK.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure rootfs using busybox on i.MX8M-mini EVK.

YKSeok
Contributor I

Dear support,

We have i.MX 8M Mini EVK.
We followed the basic documentation to download and build the source.

Our final goal is to boot this EVK with NAND and create a ramdisk image using busybox. Of course, the image should contain the default library and executable files for the examples.

But I don't know where to start. I am not sure whether to create the final image by modifying the basic recipe (imx-image-full) in the Yocto Project or by copying the required library to the busybox folder separately.

Can you provide guidelines or existing document path?

Best regards,

Young

0 Kudos
3 Replies

laodzu
Contributor III

Hi Young,

customization of the image is done through the Yocto buildsystem.  If you aim for a small root filesystem, then "imx-image-full" is probably not a good starting point.

The Yocto refernece documentation lists the relevant image recipes:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

As you do not tell us a lot about your requirements, I can only speculate that maybe "core-image-minimal" or "core-image-base" may be better starting points for you.

In the end you should aim to customize the provided Yocto environment for your own board so that you can build the exact software that you want to distribute.  A short introduction on how to do this can be found here:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

In the end I think you will need to read up a little bit more about Yocto itself, which is a common build system for many SoC vendors nowadays.  Most of this is not specific to the NXP distribution itself. Please expect that this will require some time to do correctly.

0 Kudos

laodzu
Contributor III

Uh, I just noticed the links I posted do not include the anchors for the exact position in the document.  The first link should point to chapter 5.2 "Choosing an i.MX Yocto project image" and the second link should point to chapter 7 "Customization".

0 Kudos

YKSeok
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

I think I should ask after reading more documentation.

Best regards,

Young

0 Kudos