cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation Error on Imported SDK Example - WiFi Driver

ofirmsh
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using the MIMXRT1176 processor alongside its SDK version 2.13.3, and trying to run an edgefast_bluetooth example with a Murata 1ZM wireless module (the Bluetooth examples are missing from SDK v2.14, hence why I am not using the latest version). The example in question is wifi_cli_over_ble_wu.

I have correctly defined the supported WiFi board macro in app_config.h as per the example instruction:

#define WIFI_88W8987_BOARD_MURATA_1ZM_M2

only to run into the following compilation errors from undeclared symbols related to the WiFi driver:

../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan.c: In function 'do_start':
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan.c:1509:113: error: 'WIFI_SUPPORT_11AX' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'WIFI_SUPPORT_11AC'?
 1509 |                         || ((wlan.networks[wlan.cur_uap_network_idx].acs_band == 1) && (!(network->wlan_capa & (WIFI_SUPPORT_11AX | WIFI_SUPPORT_11AC))))
      |                                                                                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                                                                                                 WIFI_SUPPORT_11AC
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan.c:1509:113: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Building file: ../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.c
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan.c: In function 'wlan_init':
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan.c:4978:23: error: 'int_cal_data' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'wifi_cal_data_t'?
 4978 |     wlan_set_cal_data(int_cal_data, sizeof(int_cal_data));
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                       wifi_cal_data_t
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_enhanced_tests.c: In function 'test_wlan_set_chanlist':
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_enhanced_tests.c:1172:16: error: 'rg_table_fc' undeclared (first use in this function)
 1172 |     ARG_UNUSED(rg_table_fc);
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_enhanced_tests.c:19:30: note: in definition of macro 'ARG_UNUSED'
   19 | #define ARG_UNUSED(x) (void)(x)
      |                              ^
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_enhanced_tests.c:1172:16: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
 1172 |     ARG_UNUSED(rg_table_fc);
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_enhanced_tests.c:19:30: note: in definition of macro 'ARG_UNUSED'
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_enhanced_tests.c:1173:16: error: 'rg_table_fc_len' undeclared (first use in this function)
 1173 |     ARG_UNUSED(rg_table_fc_len);
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [wifi/wlcmgr/subdir.mk:38: wifi/wlcmgr/wlan.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [wifi/wlcmgr/subdir.mk:38: wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_enhanced_tests.o] Error 1
Finished building: ../xip/fsl_flexspi_nor_boot.c

../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_tests.c: In function 'test_wlan_set_debug_htc':
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_tests.c:4561:11: warning: implicit declaration of function 'wlan_send_debug_htc'; did you mean 'test_wlan_set_debug_htc'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 4561 |     ret = wlan_send_debug_htc(count, vht, he, rxNss, channelWidth, ulMuDisable, txNSTS, erSuDisable, dlResoundRecomm,
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |           test_wlan_set_debug_htc
Finished building: ../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_basic_cli.c

../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.c:31:17: error: 'rg_table_fc' undeclared here (not in a function)
   31 |         (t_u8 *)rg_table_fc,
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.c: In function 'wlan_set_wwsm_txpwrlimit':
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.c:83:49: error: 'rg_table_fc_len' undeclared (first use in this function)
   83 |     rv = wlan_set_region_power_cfg(rg_table_fc, rg_table_fc_len);
      |                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.c:83:49: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.c: In function 'wlan_get_wlan_region_code':
../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.c:185:2: error: #error "Please define WLAN_REGION_CODE in Region tx power config file"
  185 | #error "Please define WLAN_REGION_CODE in Region tx power config file"
      |  ^~~~~
make[1]: *** [wifi/wlcmgr/subdir.mk:36: wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_txpwrlimit_cfg.o] Error 1
Finished building: ../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_features.c

Finished building: ../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_test_mode_tests.c

Finished building: ../wifi/wlcmgr/wlan_tests.c

make: *** [makefile:99: all] Error 2

I'd rather not mess with driver files, especially ones that are still WIP. Is this a known issue, is there a fix incoming or any other way that I might find a working example that runs both WiFi and Bluetooth simultaneously?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry we just have this:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/SDK-example-for-WICED-based-M-2-WiFi/m-p/906846

if you continues with error is probably you have to rebuild everything in the new sdk.

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-nxp-wi-fi-modules-using-i-mx-rt-platform:GS-...

Regards

0 Kudos

ofirmsh
Contributor I

I appreciate the reply. The post that you provided isn't really what I'm looking for, and rebuilding the SDK (or a different version of it) won't really get me anywhere as I have all of the components included.

The wifi_cli example in SDK v2.13.3 is also suffering from the same WiFi driver issue and will not compile - the 1ZM module is not supported properly (missing macros and seemingly missing calibration data). It does compile on v2.13.1, but that version does not have the wifi_cli_over_ble_wu example and there appear to be noticeable differences in the WiFi drivers between these versions.

As I said, I'd rather not poke around drivers just to run example code. Is there anything else I can do? All I really need is a working example that runs both WiFi and Bluetooth simultaneously, preferably merging the wifi_cli and the edgefast_bluetooth_shell examples together (which I've tried, and still ran into compilation issues).

0 Kudos