Clarification on removal of boot configuration(BT_CFG2 and BT_CFG4) resistors in i.mx6ull

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on removal of boot configuration(BT_CFG2 and BT_CFG4) resistors in i.mx6ull

jayebc
Contributor II

Dear Technical support team,

Firstly I would like to thank for all your quick responses for my queries posted and really appreciate the same.

We are developing custom board by keeping reference NXP i.MX6ULL EVK. As in our custom hardware we are using NAND flash as the only storage media which needs to be programmed only using MFG tools using USB-OTG at very first time. To boot from Nand I have kept boot device settings(SW601) for "Nand" ( i.e. D1: ON, D2:ON D3:OFF D4:ON) and for internal boot mode pin settings(SW602) is "MODE1:ON, MODE0:OFF".
In the EVK schematics the SW601 is connected to BT_CFG1. The BT_CFG2 and BT_CFG4 are used for LCD data lines. As in our board LCD is not used we have planned to remove BT_CFG2 and BT_CFG4 connected resistors.

So Just I want to know is it ok to remove the resistors, or any imapact on any of the module or board boot-up.

Kindly do the needful as early as possible, as we are stuck in decision to remove or not in our custom hardware , as we are worried about system comes up fine or not????

Eagerly awaiting for your replies..

Many Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
2 Replies

jayebc
Contributor II

Thank you James

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jaya,

You need to keep the resistors of the boot pins,  or less you program the fuses to select the boot option of your device but I strongly suggest that you keep it in your design so you can have a way for debugging, and do not populate and use the fuses in production.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Have a nice day!!!

Best Regards,

TIC Support Team