cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the booting logo and splash screen in imx6 SoloX

Jump to solution
gokhansahin
Contributor III

I'm developing an application in Qt on imx6Solox. I created the image with Wayland and its kernel version is 4.15.2.1.0. I'm wondering how to change the Nxp logo while is shown the system is booting. Also, can I upload a video in splash screen? If yes, how? Finally, I want to make my own distro or OS for imx, how can I make this? Could you suggest me a book or an article to make these?

Tags (2)
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
32 Replies
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi Bhargavi K,

What you want to do ? you want to change the boot logo or splash screen image ? in the above case you mixed the info please specify what you want ?

Best Regards,

Nandish S.G

0 Kudos
bhargavik
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for replying.Im working on Linux(ubuntu).I builded the image on wandboard-quad by using yocto(dizzy branch).I want to display my logo on wandboard-quad using yocto framework ,after power-on the board i need to display mylogo.I want to change boot logo.For displaying logo what changes has to be do in yocto and what contents has to be add?

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi KK d ,

Well, your logo is white background (that means you add  your own logo image or you removed the logo image), anyway you need to do the following below steps.

Change The Boot Logo.

1. convert any *.* format image to *.png format

2. convert *.png format image to pnm or ppm format( you need to check which format is there in your source code),

3. copy the *.ppm image file to where your original source image is there and replace the name with original one.

4. Compile the your uImage or zImage thats it,

For Changing the the Splash Screen.

you need to follow the below steps.

1. convert any *.* format image to *.png format 

2. convert the *.png format to *.h format file and copy this file to original source code,

3. bitbake "your-image-name" thats it. New image is created copy and run the image.

i hope this info is help full to you,

Best Regards,

Nandish S.G

0 Kudos
kkd1
Contributor III

Hi nandish gurulingappa      

Thanks for updates,

I am ok with 'change boot logo via zImage'

But i tried to change splash screen via source code but i am not able to changed that one. 

1) In which folder i need to add '*.png to *.h hex' file in source code? (myimage.h)

2) Can i copy, in this folders? E.g. ..source code/ kernel/ linux-iwg15 /arch;   ** /drivers; ** /firmware; **/ include ;** /kernel ; ** /init? or some other place?

please guide!

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hello  KK d,

Have you resolved the your issue, if not please let me know.

SGN

0 Kudos
kkd1
Contributor III

Hi nandish,

I manage the custom boot logo. but I am not through with splash screen.

[ logo with completely white background of LCD(1024*600).]

Please guide.

Thanks for reply!

0 Kudos
kkd1
Contributor III

Hello,

Can you please guide "how to change yocto #splash screen with my own logo??"

i have imx6 board and all recipes are downloaded

(Ubuntu 14.4)

Thank you

0 Kudos
gokhansahin
Contributor III

Where should I add this #define CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN command? I don't found u-boot config file and nxp logo c file.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

in the /include/configs/<board.h>

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

0 Kudos
kkd1
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

But should i change in uboot file (.imx) or in kernel code?

Please guide in detail.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls refer to the enclosed file,  focus on the chapter 5.4 Splash screen support of uboot file

for how to customised your own, pls refer to the chapter 7 Customization of yocto user guide.

0 Kudos
gokhansahin
Contributor III

thank you for your answer. for a splash, it will help me. However, for customizing your own distro, the information isn't enough in the documentation.

0 Kudos