Can I connect to the BCM in a 2003 Chevrolet Truck?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect to the BCM in a 2003 Chevrolet Truck?

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

I am a newbie to I.MX and not really much of a hardware person so I am hoping to get some information or somewhere to look for the information.

I want to be able to poll the Body Control Module in my truck to pull information about my truck. I have been told there are Alarm modules available that interface into this and pull out information and can do things like unlock the doors and roll up windows by interacting with the BCM. From my initial research a 2003 Truck from GM is not using the standard CAN bus but has a high speed and low speed bus.

Has anyone here interfaced into a vehicle data bus like this and can help direct me?

I have read that this information is available at the ODBII connector and that the ODBII protocal is pretty universal but I am hoping someone can help provide some insite into the hardware behind interfacing into this directly and if it is as simple as an ODBII interface?

I have been told that in a modern Chevrolet vehicle such as my 2003 truck the BCM controls things such as the power windows, locks, chime, Dash board, some radio functions, seat positions and I am sure I am missing some things. I am trying to build an interface into this so I can actually do some of this myself.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

After posting this I saw that Freescale has a bunch of specialty items to connect. I believe the 2003 is not a standard CAN bus, Think it is something GM calls LIN. But I have to find out. Otherwise I will be using the ODBII connector and start out there. But they are raw chips so I have to find someone that knows what the heck they are doing with them.

Rodney

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

You have to try CAN Module. Direct Interface will not work.

0 Kudos