Can HDMI volume be changed in Android Sound settings?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can HDMI volume be changed in Android Sound settings?

Jump to solution
sinjhe
Contributor I

Hi,

I flash the P9.0.0_2.3.0 Android image for MCIMX8M-EVK, and boot up with HDMI panel.

I want to change the HDMI volume in Android Sound settings, but the HDMI volume is not changed.

Like the graph below, I change the volume by scrolling "Media volume" bar, but HDMI volume always be the same.

sound.jpg

I can change the default HDMI volume at here: android_source/frameworks/av/services/audiopolicy/config/default_volume_tables.xml

May I enable the HDMI volume change at android_source/frameworks/av/services/audiopolicy/config/audio_policy_volumes.xml?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sinjhe,

Google fixed the HDIM volume adjustment in the code, causing the HDMI volume to be either 0 or maximu

int mFixedVolumeDevices = AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_HDMI |                                                                                      

AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_DGTL_DOCK_HEADSET |

AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET |

AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_HDMI_ARC | 

You can try to find a suitable position to add the line below to remove DEVICE_OUT_HDMI feature from mFixedVolumeDevices.

mFixedVolumeDevices &= ~AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_HDMI

File: ./services/core/java/com/android/server/audio/AudioService.java

[comment]

Here is just to provide you with an idea. If you still cannot achieve your goal, you can find a similar solution on the internet.

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sinjhe
Contributor I

Hi Weidong,

Thank you, it works now.

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sinjhe,

Google fixed the HDIM volume adjustment in the code, causing the HDMI volume to be either 0 or maximu

int mFixedVolumeDevices = AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_HDMI |                                                                                      

AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_DGTL_DOCK_HEADSET |

AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET |

AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_HDMI_ARC | 

You can try to find a suitable position to add the line below to remove DEVICE_OUT_HDMI feature from mFixedVolumeDevices.

mFixedVolumeDevices &= ~AudioSystem.DEVICE_OUT_HDMI

File: ./services/core/java/com/android/server/audio/AudioService.java

[comment]

Here is just to provide you with an idea. If you still cannot achieve your goal, you can find a similar solution on the internet.

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

0 Kudos