cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSI driver for 3.12 Kernel

satyavenkatasan
Contributor I

Dear Freescale,

We are using IM6SoloLite processor as it has only CSI interface to interface the camera, and trying to interface the camera (OV5640) I could not able to find the driver with CSI. No way I can go for the other version of the kernels because of the other modules we are using. so kindly help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Satya.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satya,

There is no CSI support on 3.12.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

satyavenkatasan
Contributor I

Dear Fabio,

I'm having IMX6SLEVK evaluation board I wanted to check whether OV5640 is working or not. for that I wanted to know in any of the kernels from 3.0 and above the driver is patched for that board. if it is so, I want kernel source code and image of it.

and also why there is no CSI support on 3.12 is it anything kernel specific or else freescale does not support?

Thanks & Regards,

Satya.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satya,

You could try kernel 3.10.53GA from FSL and the use arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sl-evk-csi.dts to use CSI.

CSI driver has not been upstreamed yet. That's why there is no CSI support in 3.12.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

satyavenkatasan
Contributor I

Dear fabio,

Thanks for the response.

Can you kindly provide me the link & git command from where can I get the source code because I couldn't able to locate the source code that you have mentioned (kernel 3.10.53GA).

Regards,

Satya.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos