CMSIS-RTOS for iMX8 processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSIS-RTOS for iMX8 processor

Lornix
Contributor I

In my previous work (IDE Keil/IAR for STM32H7 processor) I used the cmsis-rtos V2 library to manage FreeRTOS.

The cmsis-rtos library defines functions like osThreadNew and osSemaphoreNew instead of directly calling FreeRTOS functions

Now I wonder if there is cmsis-rtos library for iMX8 processor on eclipse IDE

In the SDK generated by NXP for iMX8 there is a folder C:\Eclipse_iMX8_CM7\SDK_2_12_1_MIMX8ML8xxxLZ\CMSIS\RTOS2 which however contains only the files cmsis_os2.h and os_tick.h, but no code file.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

We have released SVD file for M4 core of iMX8 serials processors, but it is not inclueded in SDK, you can download it patches for i.MX8 from our website:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=SDK_MX8_Beta_Patch&appType=file2&locatio...

file name is "iar_segger_support_patch_imx8.zip"

The SVD file is only for IAR system and armgcc.  MCUXpresso IDE doesn't support i.MX8. So you will have to select one from IAR and armgcc.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

Lornix
Contributor I

Hello and thank you fo the response

It's not clear to me how to use the downloaded file and how to generate the code i am looking for

Once saved patch files in the right folders, what is the next step to generate cmsis_rtos V2 code or where to find it?

Thank you in advance, waiting for your response

0 Kudos