cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build / checksum errors

gfine1
Contributor III

We have a custom i.mx8QM based board. 

Upon the shift from codeaurora to github we are now getting checksum errors when recompiling for u-boot changes. 

We have to modify u-boot to change where we boot from if a GPIO is turned on.  The errors started when codeaurora was sunsetted. 

Is there a simple workaround? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gfine1

NXP continues updating GitHub repositories. It is possible that some branches or components don't work at all, we are working to solve these issues.

Additionally, could you please share more information about the version of Linux or Uboot?

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos

gfine1
Contributor III

We are using an older version (4.14) because our UK development locked down at that version. 

The errors we are running into are checksum errors while recompiling u-boot. I'll have to ask a fellow developer to give me a log of the errors. 

For me a vsftpd recipe attempts a do_patch and fails because it says the "patch was already applied". A day earlier (3/30) it built without a problem. 

0 Kudos

gfine1
Contributor III

It turns out the checksum errors for u-boot were resolved by changing the recipes to point to github.

However, my error still exists. 

WARNING: vsftpd-3.0.3-r0 do_patch: workdir = %s/home/gfine/build-modela/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/vsftpd/3.0.3-r0
WARNING: vsftpd-3.0.3-r0 do_patch: S dir = %s/home/gfine/build-modela/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/vsftpd/3.0.3-r0/vsftpd-3.0.3
WARNING: vsftpd-3.0.3-r0 do_patch: workdir = %s/home/gfine/build-modela/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/vsftpd/3.0.3-r0
WARNING: vsftpd-3.0.3-r0 do_patch: S dir = %s/home/gfine/build-modela/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/vsftpd/3.0.3-r0/vsftpd-3.0.3
ERROR: vsftpd-3.0.3-r0 do_patch: Command Error: 'quilt --quiltrc /home/gfine/build-modela/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/vsftpd/3.0.3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push' exited with 0 Output:
Patch vsftpd-configuration.patch is already applied; check your series file
ERROR: vsftpd-3.0.3-r0 do_patch: Function failed: patch_do_patch
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/gfine/build-modela/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/vsftpd/3.0.3-r0/temp/log.do_patch.5345
ERROR: Task (/home/gfine/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-daemons/vsftpd/vsftpd_3.0.3.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gfine1

Thanks for your reply.

It seems the error is for the BSP issues, the internal team continue updating the imx manifest based on GitHub repositories.

Please be patient.

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos

gfine1
Contributor III

Will do.  I'll wait on a resolution from the BSP team.  Is there any place I can monitor for the fixes? 

Glen

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gfine1,

Thank you, I will update you about this case.

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos