cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring up CAN in Application core in IMX8QXP with Android Automotive 12

Jump to solution
Anjali245
Contributor I

Initially we tried to bringup CAN interface in Application core on linux kernel 5.15 kernel by changing the scufw and we were able to bringup the same on Linux.

Now We are trying to bring up CAN interface for Application core in IMX8QXP with Android Automotive 12.1.0_1.1.0.we modified the board.c and tried building the Android source without M4 core(Excluding step 2: Prepare the build environment for the Arm Cortex-M4 image). But still the m4 image is building and CAN is not listing in Application core.

Can I get any pointers for bringing up CAN interface for Application core in IMX8QXP with Android Automotive 12.1.0_1.1.0.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Anjali245,

I hope you are doing well.

Please make sure that you have successfully made changes to scfw as mentioned in Modifying default configuration in System Controller Firmware 101 - Resource management service.

and ported the modified scfw bin to the android source as described in the 8.7 SCFW configuration in Android User's Guide

Please try following all steps mentioned in the 8.7 SCFW configuration.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Anjali245,

I hope you are doing well.

Please make sure that you have successfully made changes to scfw as mentioned in Modifying default configuration in System Controller Firmware 101 - Resource management service.

and ported the modified scfw bin to the android source as described in the 8.7 SCFW configuration in Android User's Guide

Please try following all steps mentioned in the 8.7 SCFW configuration.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada.
0 Kudos