cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot2QT for i.mx8 mini

Jump to solution
jdluhy
Contributor II

Has anyone done a boot2qt image for the i.mx8 mini nxp board. I have built the qt xwayland yocto image and not sure how to create a toolchain and boot2qt image for commercial QT with support for this board. The board is 8MMINILPD4-EVK. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jdluhy
Contributor II

I was able to create a boot2qt qbsp for the imx8mmevk. For others looking at this, it really did not require much to do. Only changed one line in a .conf file and created a file imx8mmevk.conf to match the others. Was able to boot into qt and run samples. Was also able to debug through usb.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello James Dluhy,

It is my understanding that Boot2Qt changed its name to Qt for Device Creation. There is no support for the i.MX8M Mini that I’m aware (I may be wrong, as it’s supported directly by Qt), but there is support for some i.MX8 boards.

https://doc.qt.io/QtForDeviceCreation/qtee-preparing-hardware-nxp-imx-8quad.html

I would recommend contacting Qt or looking for more information on Qt centric forums.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos
jdluhy
Contributor II

Thanks,

I have been in touch with QT. They wanted $10K to create a boot2qt

so I have been looking at trying to build it. I have been folowing

another board branch of meta-boot2qt that I should be able to follow. - Jim

0 Kudos
jdluhy
Contributor II

I was able to create a boot2qt qbsp for the imx8mmevk. For others looking at this, it really did not require much to do. Only changed one line in a .conf file and created a file imx8mmevk.conf to match the others. Was able to boot into qt and run samples. Was also able to debug through usb.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello James Dluhy, 

Thank you for updating this thread. I'm sure it will help other Community Users looking to implement boot2qt.

Regards,

0 Kudos