Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Linux From NAND on i.MX258

elangosubramani
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working on i.MX258.

Here we are using Micron MCP (LPDDR+ NAND Flash).

We flashed u-boot though ATK tool kit, and it booting fine. When we flashed uImage in the same to address 0x300000.

From u-boot, we tried to read the kernel image and boot. We are getting Error while "verifying Checksum : Bad Data CRC".

We tried to download uImage through Serial using "loady" command and tried to boot, it is booting fine.

While debugging we found that every 2001'th byte of the page is had some wrong data in failure case.

Help us to resolve this issue.

With Regards,
Elango

Tags (2)
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Default ATK configuration is intended for i.MX-based Freescale designs.

For customer specific designs it may be needed to provide custom DDR init file.

Please look at section 3 (Supporting a New SDRAM Device) of app note  AN3985

(Customizing the Freescale Advanced Toolkit for i.MX Based Platforms)

< http://www.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/app_note/AN3985.pdf >

Also it is needed to use "Custom model" and design special flash driver for Your NAND,

if it is not supported by the ATK. Generally recent ATK releases should

define NAND type automatically via NAND ID. If NAND is not supported by the ATK,

one can try to build new flashlib / kernel ram (for i.MX25). 

Please look at  AN3985 how to build new flashlib.

ATK sources (and documentation) may be found using the next link :

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX_ATK_SOURCE_CODE&appType=license&location=null

Please pay attention, last time we found some problems when working

with the ATK 1.71. Please use previous releases (say, 1.68).

You wrote “every 2001'th byte of the page is had some wrong data” – please check if NAND
layout (data + spare) is correct for Your case. In particular, let me remind, NAND is treaded

as sequence of (512 byte + spare area) blocks, even when NAND is not stated as 512-byte. 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos