BitInit source request - to work on x64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitInit source request - to work on x64

andrewsedlmayr
Contributor I

It seems there are a few documented cases of BitInit not working on Windows 64 bit platforms.  Can NXP please provide the source for BitInit so that I can recompile and fix the issues?  I understand that I might be able to get MFGTool to work but it would be much easier to call BitInit from the command line.

BitInit.exe (Version 2.2.3796.13940)

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In our website all the code and tools are here i.MX28 Evaluation Kit|NXP . And the default Bitlnit work on windows PC 32bit. Here  I found one thread follow, hope it can do help for you.

BitInit Exception "user buffer is not valid" 

http://cache.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4555.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

andrewsedlmayr
Contributor I

I am requesting the SOURCE code so I can recompile for 64 bit machines.  I do not see the source code available anywhere.  If you cannot provide the source, please provide an executable that works on 64 bit platform.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have searched for you, but do not found the source code you need. I will do further confirm for you.

Here you can try to use the MFG Tool to set the OTP Bits. The MFG Tool also has some flaws in 64bit environments (when clicking on Options->Configurations->USBport the program crashes, so just don't click there), but it works well enough to burn the OTP bits.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos