Assistance debugging DVI/I2C issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance debugging DVI/I2C issue

michaelworster
Contributor IV

We have a custom board using the i.MX6DL chip. Our board leverages the NXP base kernel provided with the Saber board, with updates to device trees and whatnot to fit our design.

Recently we've been having issues with communication loss between the display and the board, and we're trying to diagnose the issue. We use a DVI connection (communication over the DVI's I2C) to our display.

We've seen issues where the display isn't responding to touch events anymore and remains a "black screen". We are trying to track down if this is a display issues, or an issue with the DVI/I2C driver.

Would anyone have some hints or input as to what we can track/log to help determine the cause of this issue? I'm hoping there is something in the FB or mxc_hdmi that could simply be enabled, but I'm not opposed to making minor code changes if need be.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The iMX6 have The CONFIG_FB_MXS_SII902X option provides support for the Sii902x HDMI video driver and can be selected
with Device Drivers > Support for frame buffer devices > Si Image SII9022 DVI/HDMI Interface Chip

and you can check the current driver of i2c on drivers/i2c/busses/imx-i2c.c .

Regards

0 Kudos