cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altium Symbol & Footprint iMX8 Nano UltraLite MIMX8MN3CVPIZAA

zingae
Contributor II

Hello

@Rita_Wang  was able to email the Altium symbol and footprint for the iMX 8 Nano UltraLite 11mmx11mm, 0.5mm pitch in this post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/footprint-and-symbol-i-MX-8M-Nano-UltraLite-for-Altium/...

Can I also get them emailed to me as well?

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

zingae
Contributor II

@JosephAtNXP 

Looking closer at the footprint, i also noticed the ball pads are off-center from the component outline and silkscreen layers. So i don't miss something making edits myself, I need a manufacturing-ready, Altium footprint of the nano utralite for 100% confidence. A footprint error will be a costly mistake

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I talked to my colleague from the post that you mentioned and told me that the file isn't for public use, its advise is to convert the allegro to your extension needed.

You need to develop that library or maybe a third party, please excuse the inconvenience,

Regards,

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

Could you try to replicate the attached presentation with i.MX 8M Nano UltraLite DDR3L EVK Design Files? Then you would extract the symbol and the footprint.

Regards

0 Kudos

zingae
Contributor II

I was able to get the importing to work for both the schematic and pcb layout. All the components look good, however for the NanoUltraLite DDR3 EVK that has the correct MCU, the footprint comes with a lot of extra mechanical things that I do not need. I figure I can just delete the unneeded things, but I see a note on the footprint that says “NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MANUFACTURING”. Is this note just because of the extra mechanical layer stuff? Would it be too much to ask to just get the manufacturable MCU footprint from you for the Nano UltraLite? Bonus kudos if you can send me an integrated library that has both the symbol and footprint with everything linked already

zingae_0-1708030689134.png

When i do the import with the LPDDR4 EVK that has the other Nano variant, the footprint is what I was expecting and no note about not using for manufacturing.

zingae_1-1708030814535.png

0 Kudos