Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add LPC804 as ADC with i.MX8M mini

Jump to solution
Hardevsinh_Palaniya
Contributor III

Processor : i.MX8M Mini
BSP Kernel : 5.4.47 (Yocto)

I needed to add ADC functionality to the i.MX8M Mini and discovered that NXP recommends utilising the LPC804 microcontroller with I2C for ADC support.

Is there a reference or documents for using the LPC804 as an ADC with i.MX8M Mini?

Is there any driver and firmware for LPC804 available?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Senior Embedded Engineer | hardevsinh.palaniya@siliconsignals.io | www.siliconsignals.io
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no driver available from the i.MX8M perspective, you can create the ADC in LPC using the SDK and provide the result via UART or I2C,  if any of this options we already have drivers in Linux to received the data, but there is not such LPC driver that you can use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no driver available from the i.MX8M perspective, you can create the ADC in LPC using the SDK and provide the result via UART or I2C,  if any of this options we already have drivers in Linux to received the data, but there is not such LPC driver that you can use.

0 Kudos
Hardevsinh_Palaniya
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.

Senior Embedded Engineer | hardevsinh.palaniya@siliconsignals.io | www.siliconsignals.io
0 Kudos
Hardevsinh_Palaniya
Contributor III

Hi folks,

Is there anyone with any suggestions or notes? 

0 Kudos