Accessing USB camera for audio and video on i.MX6: retire_capture_urb error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing USB camera for audio and video on i.MX6: retire_capture_urb error

gianpaolocugola
Contributor I

I am trying to access a USB camera in a i.MX6 board through gstreamer. I am able to read and save the video stream or the audio stream when taken alone, but whichever gstreamer pipeline I used that reads both audio and video at the same time I get an error: "retire_capture_urb: XXX callbacks suppressed" and the board become unresponsive.

This happens with every USB camera I tested.

This is the gstreamer pipeline I used (but tested tens and all give the same error):

gst-launch -e -i matroskamux name=mux ! filesink location=video.mkv v4l2src device=/dev/video1 do-timestamp=true ! jpegdec ! vpuenc codec=0 ! mux. alsasrc device="default" provide-clock=true do-timestamp=true ! queue max-size-time=10000000000 max-size-bytes=104857600 max-size-buffers=2000 ! mfw_mp3encoder sample-rate=32000 optmod=0 bitrate=32 ! mux.

Notice that the same pipeline works perfectly if I access video from the USB camera but audio from another source (e.g., the internal mic).

I am using yocto but the same happens with an Ubuntu based distribution I was able to setup.

Any suggestion?

Regards

G.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gianpaolo,

Apparently this is a kernel bug, one need to apply to a newer kernel version that is not official ready for i.MX6.

Please check for more information:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1319457

Regards

0 Kudos

gianpaolocugola
Contributor I

Are you saying there is no way to use an i.MX6 for capturing audio and video from a webcam? This looks like a strong limitation. Is this really the case?

Thanks

0 Kudos