Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About license for imx-vpuwrap

Jump to solution
george
Senior Contributor II

Dear All,

We need to change the source code that can be downloaded from the following URL.

=> https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-vpuwrap-4.4.5.bin 

Changing the source code creates a new /usr/lib/libfslvpuwrap.so, and our application software uses dynamically linked as shared libraliy.

Do we need to disclose the application software source code to NXP?

Attach the COPYING file included in the imx-vpuwrap software package.

We are concerned about Section 5.

5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.

Your modifications to the Licensed Software, and all Intellectual Property Rights associated with, and title thereto, will be the property of NXP. Upon request, you must provide NXP the source code of any derivative of the Licensed Software. You agree to assign all, and hereby do assign all rights, title, and interest to any such modifications to the Licensed Software to NXP and agree to provide all assistance reasonably requested by NXP to establish, preserve or enforce such right. Further, you agree to waive all moral rights relating to your modifications to the Licensed Software, including, without limitation, all rights of identification of authorship and all rights of approval, restriction, or limitation on use or subsequent modification. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you will have the license rights granted in Section 2 hereto to any such modifications made by you or your subcontractor.

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As you want to modify the source code and use it in your application software, I think it is better to contact our Marketing or Sales for the further license issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you can apply the Professional Support Service.

Professional Support for Processors and Microcontrollers | NXP 

0 Kudos
george
Senior Contributor II

Dear jimmychan‌,

As you might say, buying professional support for this reason is too expensive for us. Do you have any other contact information?

BR,

George

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

.bin file is not a source code. If you need the source code, I think you need to contact our Marketing or Sales first.

0 Kudos
george
Senior Contributor II

Dear jimmychan‌,

imx-vpuwrap-4.4.5.bin is an executable file for self-extraction on linux.

By executing this, it will be expanded to the source code.

BR,

George

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As you want to modify the source code and use it in your application software, I think it is better to contact our Marketing or Sales for the further license issues.

0 Kudos
george
Senior Contributor II

Dear jimmychan

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos