About SD / MMC manufacture boot flow in Figure 6-46 of i.MX 7 Dual Applications Processor Reference Manual

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SD / MMC manufacture boot flow in Figure 6-46 of i.MX 7 Dual Applications Processor Reference Manual

goto11
Contributor III

hello,Community

About SD / MMC manufacture boot flow in Figure 6-46
When SDMMC MFG mode is enabled,
Even if it is Serial Downloader, will it start with SDMMC MFG mode boot?
How can I disable SDMMC MFG mode?
    Which pin is it?
    How is it processed (PU or PD)?

best regards

Goto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

goto11
Contributor III

Hello,

Table 6-25. DISABLE_SDMMC_MFG column in Boot eFUSE descriptions has Yes in the GPIO column, and the note has the following description.

This setting can be overridden by the GPIO settings when the BT_FUSE_SEL fuse is intact.See GPIO Boot Overrides for
the corresponding GPIO pin.

It may be possible to disable the SD / MMC MFG mode by pulling up one of BOOT_CFG [0] to [19].
If possible, please tell me the CFG No.

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please refer to picture below (there is no option for GPIO override):

pastedImage_1.jpg

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

goto11
Contributor III

hello,

6.6.2.5 Internal Boot mode
There is a description in Reference 1 below, and “Yes” in the GPIO column of DISABLE_SDMMC_MFG column in Table 6-25. Boot eFUSE descriptions, and Reference 2 below in the note.

What is different from the answer (picture below (there is no option for GPIO override))?

Reference 1
• If BT_FUSE_SEL = 0, the specific boot configuration parameters may be set using the GPIO pins rather than eFUSEs.The fuses that can be overridden when in this mode are indicated in the GPIO column of Table 6-25.Table 6-26 provides the details of the GPIO pins.

Reference 2
This setting can be overridden by the GPIO settings when the BT_FUSE_SEL fuse is intact.See GPIO Boot Overrides for the corresponding GPIO pin.

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

there is no option for GPIO override for disabling SDMMC MFG mode.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goto

for disabling SDMMC MFG mode it is necessary to burn fuse

described in Table 6-17. Boot Fusemap i.MX 7Dual Applications Processor Reference Manual

Burning eFuses on i.MX6 and i.MX7 - i.MXDev Blog 

>Even if it is Serial Downloader, will it start with SDMMC MFG mode boot?

yes

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos