cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0x80502008 and 0x80206008 error codes on iMX28

g__
Contributor II

Hi,

We have a custom iMX28 board with SD holder with a 5V power supply (no battery), we dot not use USB for boot. The processor is configured to boot from SD. We have a board which worked perfectly since 6 months without issues.

After a reboot, the boot failed and shown 0x80502008 (ERROR_ROM_USB_CONNECT_TIMEOUT) and 0x80206008 ( ERROR_SSP_DRIVER_DMA_TIMEOUT) error codes every 10 seconds. I'm not sure of the error labels as this is not defined in the reference manual. I just found the explanation for the iMX23 and supposed it was the same.

After a power cycle, linux booted like usual. 

Why is this happening ? How to prevent such issues ? 

Thanks for any help,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

g__
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Are you sure this is the same issue ? Is there a bug description somewhere with more details ?

Regarding this patch :

- Is this compatible with any size of RAM ? 

- How do you get the info (using dmesg?) of the rtc_addr and dram_addr ? 

- I do not see any patch even in the last builds. If the problem is real, why this patch is not used? 

Thanks

Best,

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gauthier

one can check patch on

https://community.nxp.com/thread/438943 

however for reliable rebooting recommended to remove power from board (power cycle).

For error codes (they are the same as i.MX23) one can look on

ROM boot code documentation. 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos