NXP Demo Experience is now GoPoint for i.MX Applications Processors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is NXP Demo Experience / GoPoint for i.MX Applications Processors (GoPoint)?

GoPoint is a user-friendly interface that allows developers to quickly and easily access demos that showcase i.MX SoC’s across a variety of use cases and applications. GoPoint is currently available for the i.MX 7ULP, all i.MX 8, i.MX 8M, i.MX 8ULP, i.MX 93, and future i.MX Evaluation Kits (EVK). This software package is included in our i.MX Linux Board Support Package (BSP) and can be found at https://www.nxp.com/IMXLINUX.

What is changing between NXP Demo Experience and GoPoint for i.MX Applications Processors?

The only difference is the name. GoPoint for i.MX Application Processors still has all the demos and features of the NXP Demo Experience, just with a new name. This new name better represents the application’s purpose and opens the possibility to future enhancements that go beyond just basic demos.

What i.MX Linux Board Support Packages (BSPs) will have GoPoint?

BSPs LF6.1.55_2.2.0 and forward will have GoPoint included in them. Older BSPs will still have the NXP Demo Experience if they previously supported it.

Where can I learn more about the software package?

For more information and to see what demos are available on each board, please refer to the user guide and release notes.

Will the source code repositories change?

At the current moment, the addresses of GoPoint source code repositories are the same as the old NXP Demo Experience source code repositories. Eventually we will rename the repositories, but GitHub will forward requests to pull the NXP Demo Experience source code to the new GoPoint repositories. See this article for more information.

I use Yocto to build the NXP Demo Experience into my own image. Will the recipe names change?

At the current moment, no. You still build GoPoint with the “nxp-demo-experience” recipe. This will change in a future release, and this blog will be updated to reflect the instructions to migrate.

I have a question for the NXP Demo Experience / GoPoint team.

Please leave a comment below and we will address it. You must be signed in to leave a comment.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎12-15-2023 09:15 AM
Updated by: