All the required steps for getting a full eIQ image can be found in the following documentation:
These labs can be applied to all i.MX 8 boards, in this particular tutorial describes the i.MX 8M Mini EVK board.
- Hardware Requirements
- i.MX 8MM EVK board
- USB cable (micro-B to standard-A)
- USB Type-C to A Adapter
- USB Type-C 45W Power Delivery Supply
- IMX-MIPI-HDMI Daughter Card
- MINISASTOCSI Camera Daughter Card
- 2×Mini-SAS cable
- AI/ML BSP flashed into the SDCard
- Ethernet cable
- USB Mouse
- HDMI Cable
- Software Requirements
- For GNU/Linux: minicom or screen.
- For Windows: PuTTY.
- Preparing the Board
Connect the IMX-MIPI-HDMI daughter card to the Mini-SAS cable and into connector labeled DSI MIPI (J801) and then connect the HDMI monitor cable into it.
Warning: Do not hot-plug the Mini-SAS cables and cards or the boards will be damaged! Remove power completely before connecting or disconnecting the Mini-SAS ends.
Connect the MINISASTOCSI camera daughter card to the Mini-SAS cable and into connector labeled CSI MIPI (J802).
Connect the micro-B end of the supplied USB cable into Debug UART port J901. Connect the other end of the cable to the host computer:
- Configure minicom or screen with the /dev/ttyUSB port number and set the baud rate to 115200.
- The port number can be found checking in /dev directory.
- Configure PuTTY with the board COM port number and set the baud rate to 115200.
- The port number can be found on the Windows Device Manager.
NOTE: This board mounts two device port numbers, use the highest number which is used to communicate with Cortex-A.
Connect the MicroSD Card to the MicroSD Card Connector J701 in the board back side. In order to Boot the board from the MicroSD Card, change the Boot Switches SW1101 and SW1102 according to the table below:
|MicroSD / uSDHC2||0110110010||0001101000|
NOTE: The boot device settings above apply to the revision C i.MX 8MM EVK board. Other revisions of the boards may have a different number of boot mode switches and
slightly different settings. Please follow the SW1101 and SW1102 values printed on your specific board for booting from the MicroSD Card.
Connect the power supply cable to the power connector J302 and power on the board by flipping the switch button SW101.
NOTE: For more details on the board peripherals, please consult the i.MX 8MM EVK Getting Started.
After these steps, it is all set to start with the eIQ Sample Apps. Go to the eIQ Sample Apps - Object Recognition using Arm NN.