what is estimate farest communicate between NTM88 LF and FRDM-REMOTE-LF?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is estimate farest communicate between NTM88 LF and FRDM-REMOTE-LF?

QuangCa
Contributor I

I am using NTM88's family to make tire pressure product.

I want to use LF to synchonous comunicate to 4 tire. So i use LF function to do this.

But i dont known: what is estimate farest communicate between NTM88 LF and FRDM-REMOTE-LF?

Can you help me answer this question.

thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Quang,

The NMT88 integrates an LF receiver for power efficient checking of user triggered sub functions and RF transmitter for power efficient transfer of data to the vehicle.

Regarding your question, the FRDM-REMOTE-LF is a tool intended for bench test and development. The LF communication range depends on several factors:

• The power supply of the FRDM-REMOTE-LF. The higher the voltage, the longer the range.
  • The LF reception circuit on the NTM88 PCB (value of the components + layout).
  • Potential obstacles between the NTM88 and the FRDM-REMOTE-LF. The reception range is lower when the NTM88 is placed inside a tire vs on a bench with free-air communication.
  • The orientation between the LF coils. Reception is better when the coils are parallel to each other.

When using NXP NTM88 EVB placed on a bench and supplying the FRDM-REMOTE-LF with 5V, then the reception range is ~30cm.

We have not measured the range in case of other scenarios, so we cannot tell what the maximum range is.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

QuangCa
Contributor I

Hi TomasVarverka

I am making solution for auto-location for tire pressure.

So i want to use LF to synchronize send request to 4 tires.

And then calculate accel angle to detect diferrent distance. So we can detect front left wheel, front right wheel, rear left wheel and rear right wheel

Do we need using LF to make this task.

I am sorry because i am new in TPMS.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Quang,

I would recommend you to download and take a look at our AN5322 "TPMS wheel location introduction and main concepts":

https://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/pressure-sensors/tire-pressure-monitoring-sensors-tpms/ntm88-hi...

Capture.JPG

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos