thread commissioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread commissioning

rogerborzumati
Contributor I
Good morning, I would like to create a thread network where I use a GUI connected to a border router and from this GUI I want to join a new device. My target is to connect and supply all my future nodes in a limited environment and then scan with the GUI for these devices. Once I have all the devices listed, I would like to choose, with the GUI, which device to join. For the joining , I select the devices from the list, I will send a command to the devices that answer me by blinking a led and then I could discover if it is the device I want to select and then join. Is it possible to create this thread network?
0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

For the GUI, I can recommend you to use a THCI example, you will be able to send commands to though serial. 

The thread network can be made, but you will need to create some application on your own or change the provided examples to make it work, also, you will need to set some options or know some data of the devices to be able to create the list before joining. 

You can check the Kinetis Thread Stack Application Developer’s Guide and the Kinetis Thread Stack Demo Applications User's Guide, there you will find with a little more detail on both the border router a, the HCI commands and some of the stack configurations. 

Those documents are available in the SDK documentation of the KW41Z freedom board. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos