cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kw45 NBU download issue by SWD ?

Jump to solution
justinleeyang
Contributor III

We have made a kw45 board, but without mculink, so we cannot download the program through isp, but we have JLINK SWD,  we would like to ask how to download directly through swd ?

The above document does not explain how to download the program to kw45. Is it possible to directly provide the code and bin file that can be burned for download and testing By only SWD ?

And the document code don't suitable for SDK_2_12_6_KW45B41Z-EVK, please help, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
justinleeyang
Contributor III

Hi, @Christine_Li 

kw45 MUST press SW1 reset the board with SW4 pressed, don't power down to power up for reset. 
Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @justinleeyang 

Can you please help to check attached guide for how to download NBU with SPSDK?

And if still have any issue, please feel free to feedback.

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
justinleeyang
Contributor III

Hi, Christine:

All the files before the following steps have been generated. The question now is, do they have to be written through the COM port? Can data be written directly via SWD? And I am using the cp2102 USB to UART device, but I cannot write data to the KW45. Do I have to use the MCULink serial port to write?

justinleeyang_0-1703766926039.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @justinleeyang 

I checked with our internal AE team,  the blhost is only support UART interface (COM port).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
justinleeyang
Contributor III

Hi,Christine:

I would like to know if it only supports the COM port of NXP devices, or can other serial devices also be used? For example, is it possible to use silicon lab’s CP2102 or CH340, etc.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @justinleeyang 

If the device can be detected successfully as COM port, I think it should also be ok.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
justinleeyang
Contributor III

Hi,

nxpdevscan don't scan the COM port based on CP2102 USB2UART, so must use the nxp's VCOM? If this part of the data is only transparently transmitted, is it possible not to restrict the use of NXP's VCOM?

At present, we cannot buy nxp's VCOM tools. MCULINK requires at least 2 to 3 weeks of delivery. In addition, I am not sure whether it will be received after 3 weeks, so can you help recommend some supported tools?

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @justinleeyang 

I checked with our internal team, and we think it should be OK even use other company's USB2UART device. Only need to make sure the COM port is detected successfully. 

And also you can have a try with J-Link Segger or check your USB2UART device whether works fine.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
justinleeyang
Contributor III

Hi, @Christine_Li 

(1)USB2UART device works fine

(2)I also try J-Link CDC VCOM, but  no detect COM port

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @justinleeyang 

Do you have other USB2UART device can have a try?

I will try on my side tomorrow with J-Link even I think it should be OK. 

And let you know my results.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
justinleeyang
Contributor III

Hi, @Christine_Li 

I also try the FTDI FT232, but no detect.  

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @justinleeyang 

Do you enter ISP mode?

And do you have COM port in device manager ports list?

I only borrowed one J-Link today, but I still need to find a convert board to connect it to have a try.

But with MCU-Link I tested it really does work well as below:

Christine_Li_0-1704884789317.png

If needed, would you mind to send one of your board to us to check further?

And for your emergency use, I can send one of my MCU-Link or MCU-Link pro to you to use. But after your ordered MCU-Link received, need to send me back. Because I also share it with our colleagues.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
justinleeyang
Contributor III

I should have entered the ISP mode, because my board has a LED flashing program by default. After powering on, the light will flash immediately. Then I try to enter the ISP mode. Before powering on, PTA4/SWO/BOOT_CFG has been connected to VCC. This The light is not flashing, so it should be connected to the ISP.

If possible, you can send the MCU Link first and I will try it. If it doesn’t work, I will send you the board. And please provide your address and contact information.

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @justinleeyang 

Thanks for your feedback.

Sure, as talked through Wechat, I will send one MCU-Link to have a try. Please remember to send back to me as we also need to use it to debug other boards. Thanks.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
justinleeyang
Contributor III

Hi, @Christine_Li 

kw45 MUST press SW1 reset the board with SW4 pressed, don't power down to power up for reset. 
Thanks

0 Kudos