is there a Zigbee RCP project for K32W061 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a Zigbee RCP project for K32W061 ?

Jump to solution
nadirG
Contributor I

Hi, 
I'm currently trying to build a Zigbee Matter Bridge with an ESP32 (doing the bridge) and a K32W061 that would be the RCP. 
I'd like to know is there a K32 Zigbee RCP project (as there is a RCP project for Thread), that would only handle the radio communication ?
Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nadirG,

Hope you are doing well.

My apologies, there may not be an application for Zigbee RCP. However, perhaps you could try to emulate a similar functionality using Zigbee Control Bridge as base. This Application Note provides a slave application that receives commands to control devices within a Zigbee network, allowing the master to bridge into a Zigbee network while servicing IPv6 devices or other protocols. This is done by using the Zigbee Gateway Graphical UI (ZGWUI) to interact with the Control Bridge to manage the network and the devices.

The ZGWUI is a C# application that acts as a PC host that communicates serially with the Control Bridge, and its functionality could be ported to a host MCU/MPU, allowing the host to communicate with the K32W061 using UART. For more information on this, please refer to JN-AN-1247 Zigbee 3 Control Bridge User Guide (inside JN-AN-1247 folder > Doc).

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nadirG
Contributor I

Hello @EduardoZamora

I'm doing well, hope you do so ! 

Thanks for the quick reply,
I understand there is not a RCP application for Zigbee but the Control Bridge could perfectly meet my needs.
I'm actually testing it ! 

Regards, 
Nadir.

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nadirG,

Hope you are doing well.

My apologies, there may not be an application for Zigbee RCP. However, perhaps you could try to emulate a similar functionality using Zigbee Control Bridge as base. This Application Note provides a slave application that receives commands to control devices within a Zigbee network, allowing the master to bridge into a Zigbee network while servicing IPv6 devices or other protocols. This is done by using the Zigbee Gateway Graphical UI (ZGWUI) to interact with the Control Bridge to manage the network and the devices.

The ZGWUI is a C# application that acts as a PC host that communicates serially with the Control Bridge, and its functionality could be ported to a host MCU/MPU, allowing the host to communicate with the K32W061 using UART. For more information on this, please refer to JN-AN-1247 Zigbee 3 Control Bridge User Guide (inside JN-AN-1247 folder > Doc).

Regards,
Eduardo.