fsci kw41z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fsci kw41z

bergera
Contributor I

I have been using the sniffer firmware with the kw41z and have the 802.15.4 FSCI Reference Manual.

I was wondering if there was one for Bluetooth Low Energy?

Thanks!

Aaron

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you mean you need the firmware to sniffer the ble packet?

Have a great day,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bergera
Contributor I

I have the firmware loaded and it works great.

My question is that I have the pdf

Freescale Serial Communication Interface (FSCI) for IEEE 802.15.4 MAC/PHY (IEEE 802.15.4 FSCI Reference Manual.pdf)

And I was wondering if there was a similiar manual for the Bluetooth Low energy commands,opgroups,etc?

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a document named 'Bluetooth Low Energy Host Stack FSCI Reference Manual' in directory 'KW36\docs\wireless\Bluetooth'. You can download this kw36 sdk to get this doc.

0 Kudos

bergera
Contributor I

That does not look to contain the commands/opcodes/opgroups that I am looking for.

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The doc has all the cmd we can operate. If you can't find the cmd, this may can't be used in fsci. What cmd are you finding?

0 Kudos

bergera
Contributor I

for the kw41z with the sniffer firmware to set the channel to sniff on the command is

0x02, 0x4E, 0x02, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01, 0x4C

on the kw38 with the sniffer firmware to set the channel to sniff on the command is

0x02, 0x4E, 0x2, 0x04, 0x00, 0x05, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x00, 0xEC

I haven't been able to track down these commands in the documentation. If I missed something, please let me know!

Are these HCI commands?

Aaron

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Where do you get these cmd?

0 Kudos

bergera
Contributor I

If you watch the serial communications while running the sniffer program they are there.

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I use the NXP test tool to test the KW41. It looks like the usb sniffer doesn't support fsci. I guess the communication may be not the fsci and hci. We do not have the doc describing this communication protocol.

0 Kudos

bergera
Contributor I

Ok, understood. Thank you

0 Kudos

bergera
Contributor I

additional information is that I am receiving packets over the serial that are passing checksum but the payload itself is not correct and I am trying to figure out how to filter them out.

0 Kudos