To set the sensitivity of the pir, what cluster ID and attribute ID 、command ID should be used?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To set the sensitivity of the pir, what cluster ID and attribute ID 、command ID should be used?

Jump to solution
Tome-mbedded
Contributor II

Hello everyone, I would like to add a radar (equivalent to PIR) to the bubble light zigbee. I would like to set the sensitivity of this radar, which cluster ID, attribute ID, and command ID should I use? Is there a standard way to write this in zigbee3.0?

I want to use the clusterid of the radar as the cluster ID of the occupancy-aware cluster as 0x0406. However, no attribute ID of sensitivity was found。

Tomembedded_0-1697016755949.png

All attributes of the occurrence aware cluster as 0x0406 in the screenshot above,but there is no sensitivity attribute。Looking forward to your reply

thankyou

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If the device destined to be the occupancy sensor allows the user to set the sensitivity through software, you may need to develop a custom implementation of some additional attributes and commands to the Occupancy Sensing cluster according to your requirements. If that is the case, please refer to JN-UG-3132 ZigBee3 Cluster Library, Appendix E for more information on how to add custom attributes and commands to a cluster.

Also, Chapter 29 Occupancy sensing cluster (from the same document), Section 29.5 Enumerations shows the structure that contains the enumeration used to identify the attributes of this cluster.

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tome-mbedded
Contributor II

Hello@EduardoZamora,

thank you your reply.

since my product is a lamp (color temperature lamp +PIR combination function), the project I use is an example of ColorTemperatureLight inside JN-AN-1244-Zigbee-3-0-Light-Bulb. Since PIR function is added in the bulb, should I port a Occupancy Sensor in JN-AN-1246 ZigBee to ColorTemperatureLight in JN-AN-1244-Zigbee-3-0-Light-Bulb? However, I want to set the sensitivity of pir, there is no sensitivity attribute on Occupancy Sensor, do I need to customize the sensitivity attribute Id and Set sensitivity command ID?

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

According to the JN-UG-3131 ZigBee 3 Devices (SDK folder > docs > wireless > Zigbee), these are the supported clusters for Occupancy Sensor device:

EduardoZamora_0-1697142249275.png

And, as you highlighted, the Occupancy Sensing cluster includes the following Attribute Set:

EduardoZamora_1-1697142249276.png

The Occupancy sensor device may only allow you to report an "occupied" or "unoccupied" state attribute.

If I am understanding correctly, you are trying to adjust the sensitivity level at which your device triggers the occupied state by writing to an attribute, is this correct?

Could you please provide more details about your sensor? Does your sensor allow you to get or set the sensitivity through software? If you need to add your own custom attribute and command to a cluster, please refer to JN-UG-3132 ZigBee3 Cluster Library, Appendix E.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
Tome-mbedded
Contributor II

Hello@EduardoZamora,
thank you your reply.
If I am understanding correctly, you are trying to adjust the sensitivity level at which your device triggers the occupied state by writing to an attribute, is this correct?
Yes,That is all。My product is a radar light, (color temperature + PIR) combination function, I want to set the sensitivity of PIR。

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I apologize for insisting, could you please confirm if your sensor allows you to get or set the sensitivity through software?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
Tome-mbedded
Contributor II

thankyou very much.

my sensor needs to be set or sensitivity obtained through software, but I don't know which attribute ID and command ID to use?

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If the device destined to be the occupancy sensor allows the user to set the sensitivity through software, you may need to develop a custom implementation of some additional attributes and commands to the Occupancy Sensing cluster according to your requirements. If that is the case, please refer to JN-UG-3132 ZigBee3 Cluster Library, Appendix E for more information on how to add custom attributes and commands to a cluster.

Also, Chapter 29 Occupancy sensing cluster (from the same document), Section 29.5 Enumerations shows the structure that contains the enumeration used to identify the attributes of this cluster.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
Tome-mbedded
Contributor II

thank you

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Tome-mbedded,

Hope you are doing well.

Just to confirm, are you using JN-AN-1246 ZigBee 3 Sensor Application Note as base for your development? Please, take a look at the JN-AN-1246 documentation contained inside Doc folder:

EduardoZamora_0-1697059163773.png

Here you can find more information on the implementation and usage of Light Sensor, Occupancy Sensor and LTO Sensor. Section 4.3 Using the OccupancySensor Application describes how to operate the Occupancy Sensor. The relevant value for this type of sensor should be u8Occupancy attribute, which reports an Unoccupied or Occupied sensing.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos