cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The QN9022 isn't communicating whith QN902X STUDIO

osvaldonagy
Contributor I

Hi everybody!

I'm working in a project using the microcontroler QN9022. I have a prototype board using a 16 Mhz crystal, and the reset circuit.
To commuinicate with the board I'm using the FTDI232 board and the QN902x Studio which are working very well with the demo board qn9020_MINIDK.
I'm not achieving communicate with my prototype board, it seems that it doest enter in the boot mode whem I reset the microcontoler.

Does somebody have any idea what may be happening?

Very thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Oswaldo,

There are two modes in the bootloader (ISP Mode and Load Mode). It looks for a connection command from UART and SPI interface for a while to determine which mode to go.

pastedImage_1.png

BL does not find Connection Command in 200ms. If no connection command found from UART and SPI interface, the bootloader enters into Load Mode.
Is it possible that you could capture the commands in this range? 200ms. 
Do you have an external flash? don't you?
Regards,
Mario
0 Kudos

osvaldonagy
Contributor I

Hi Mario!

Thank you for your answer.

The first thing i'm trying to do is to read the NVD's memory through the UART and QN902X STUDIO. I'm not achieving to do that because it can't stablish a communication.

I think that there is no problems whith the connection command because i can comunicate with the demo board qn9020_MINIDK.

I don't have an external flash, do you think that it would be a problem?

Regards,

Osvaldo

Enviado do Email do Windows

De: mario_castaneda

Enviado: ‎segunda-feira‎, ‎15‎ de ‎julho‎ de ‎2019 ‎14‎:‎14

Para: Osvaldo Nagy

NXP Community

Re: The QN9022 isn't communicating whith QN902X STUDIO

reply from Mario Ignacio Castaneda Lopez in Wireless Connectivity - View the full discussion

Hi Oswaldo,

There are two modes in the bootloader (ISP Mode and Load Mode). It looks for a connection command from UART and SPI interface for a while to determine which mode to go.

https://community.nxp.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-1178107-272378/pastedImage_1.png

BL does not find Connection Command in 200ms. If no connection command found from UART and SPI interface, the bootloader enters into Load Mode.

Is it possible that you could capture the commands in this range? 200ms.

Do you have an external flash? don't you?

Regards,

Mario

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on NXP Community

Start a new discussion in Wireless Connectivity by email or at NXP Community

Following Re: The QN9022 isn't communicating whith QN902X STUDIO in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by NXP Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from NXP Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Osvaldo,

The QN9022 doesn't have an internal flash, so the commands should be different because the application will go to SRAM.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos