Small NTAG Antenna Design for circular area less than 200sq.mm or any alternative?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small NTAG Antenna Design for circular area less than 200sq.mm or any alternative?

johnjusteen
Contributor I

For NTAG I2c plus Tag NT3H2111 to be specific, as I've a space limitation of 200sq.mm even class 6 antenna is becoming bigger, so my question is can i use any chip antenna solutions available? if so then any reference designs? as i don't have hands on tools or lab equipment's to experiment on, any go to or plug in solutions will be helpful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

My recommendation would be to check the product specification with Molex since they are the designers of this antenna. For the brief description of the Digikey page, it seems that it may work but, this can only be clarified by Molex. As you can see, the frequency and usage of the proposed antenna correspond with the NTAG I2C IC features.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir, Is great to know that you are interested in using our products!

Unfortunately, we can only recommend the antenna sizes from AN11276. Also, we may recommend you check the next guide for designing antennas for the NTAG I2C plus.

Regarding the possibility of different solutions that may have a smaller antenna, we recommend you to please check with our partners.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

johnjusteen
Contributor I
0 Kudos