cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep/Low power mode not working in openthread example with k32w061

Micha1
Contributor I

Hello everybody,

i am working on a projekt based on the openthread example lped_bm. I am using the nxp OM15076-3 board with the router application as connection point and a slef made device with the AW-CU484 Module(Based on k32w061).
I can establish a conection between the two devices and transmit data sucessfully.
The power down mode is enabled by the following defines:

/* Enable low power module */
#define gLpmIncluded_d 1

/* Disable BLE support in low power module */
#define gSupportBle 0

#if gLpmIncluded_d
#define cPWR_UsePowerDownMode TRUE
#define cPWR_FullPowerDownMode TRUE
#endif

I have the problem that the device doesn't go to the power down mode, as expected.

If I set a breakpoint in the function APP_HandleLowPowerOnIdle() in app_init.c I can see, that the low power mode is never activated by calling the PWR_EnterLowPower(). I think the reason is, that the bSleepAllowed variable is set to FALSE and is not set back to TRUE.
I searched for the functions, that act with the bSleepAllowed variable which are App_AllowDeviceToSleep() and App_DisallowDeviceToSleep(). There is no call of these functions, but the initial state of bSleepAllowed is changed and the power down mode is never activated.

Has anybody sucessfully used the lped_bm example with the power down mode?

Thanks

Micha

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Micha1
Contributor I

Hi Recardo,

thanks for the reply. To make sure, I don't have any trouble with my board I switched over to the NXP demo Board. I used the example application lped_bm. In this setting I have the same problem. The PWR_EnterLowPower() is not called, because the bSleepAllowed is False(0). The board is connected to a router demo application and I can send messages from the demo board to the router. Do I have to change any define/setting at the demo application to get it working? I am using SDK version 2.6.3. Which version are you using?

Kind regards

Micha

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Micha,

I didn't change any configuration of the example. I am also using version 2.6.3. Can you identify where the bSleepAllowed is changed to FALSE? I am using the example and it has not been changed anywhere.

With the reed_bm on a K32W and the lped_bm on another, the program executes this function:

Ricardo_Zamora_2-1632339527656.png

Of course, after the lped is attached to a parent in the network (Stack_to_APP_Handler (case OT_DEVICE_ROLE_CHILD)).

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Micha1
Contributor I

Hi Ricardo,

you are absolutely right. I searched for the bSleepAllowed and only found two funktions, writing to the variable bSleepAllowed:

App_AllowDeviceToSleep() and App_DisallowDeviceToSleep().

If it set a break Point to the function, I can see that it is called and it sets the value to false. The thing i don't understand is that the thwo functions are never called anywhere in the project. So maybe the call comes from a precompiled library function.

Regards,

Micha

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. The APP_HandleLowPowerOnIdle function checks if the device can go to sleep, to enter the low power mode.

In the main_task function, the PWR_DisallowDeviceToSleep function is called, so the PWR_AllowDeviceToSleep function must be called to allow to enter sleep mode, and this function is called in the Stack_to_APP_Handler (case OT_DEVICE_ROLE_CHILD).

I have tried with reed_bm example on a K32W and the lped_bm example on another K32W, and I can get into this Low Power Mode.

Could you please check if the PWR_AllowDeviceToSleep function is called?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Micha1
Contributor I

Hi Ricardo,

I checked the calling of the PWR_AllowDeviceToSleep funktion. It is called as expected and the function PWR_CheckIfDeviceCanGoToSleep() is returning True. So the Problem is the bSleepAllowed flag, which is set to False. If I comment out the bSleepAllowed flag, the sleep is called.

Kind Regards

Michal

0 Kudos