Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several questions about JN5189

Viki
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have the following questions:

1. How to get the long address of the parent node?(I guess is to use ZPS_u64NwkNibGetMappedIeeeAddr () function to obtain the Address of the parent node, but the parent node Address is always stored in the local MAC Address table of the first entry?)

2. How to get the short address of the parent node?If the parent's long address is successfully obtained, is it possible to obtain the parent's short address via ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr()?

3. How to obtain the current network status (successfully joined the network or not)

BR ,

Viki

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Viki,

1. How to get the long address of the parent node?(I guess is to use ZPS_u64NwkNibGetMappedIeeeAddr () function to obtain the Address of the parent node, but the parent node Address is always stored in the local MAC Address table of the first entry?)

You are right, The MAC Address table on a node is used to store the address-pairs of other network
nodes - that is, the IEEE/MAC address and network address of each of these nodes.

2. How to get the short address of the parent node?If the parent's long address is successfully obtained, is it possible to obtain the parent's short address via ZPS_u64AplZdoLookupIeeeAddr()?

You could look at the uint16 ZPS_u16AplZdoLookupAddr(uint64 u64ExtAddr);

3. How to obtain the current network status (successfully joined the network or not)

The stack will generate different events like ZPS_EVENT_NWK_JOINED_AS_ROUTER, ZPS_EVENT_NWK_JOINED_AS_ENDDEVICE or ZPS_EVENT_NWK_FAILED_TO_JOIN.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos